Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Selling on eBay!

It has been a love/hate relationship trying to sort through the articles that Maxie has grown out of...

I decided to try the eBay way of life :P I have made the big jump and I am testing this whole selling situation. So far, I have got to admit that it has been a very positive experience! I am happy to say that it feels great being able to sell Maxie's old things, and know that someone else is valuing them almost as much as I am. Something about knowing that now another person will enjoy them almost as much as we did!

It all started with this message...


Since then,  I am proud to say that it's definitely been great to have a bit of money on the side also!

I rarely log on my computer, but listing from my iPad or iPhone is just as easy! My favorite is the iPad...
It lines everything up step by step! 

  1. Type in the name of the item you want to sell - if someone has listed a similar item, you can click on the title and then eBay will automatically choose the item category for you!
    1. If you decided that the item is a bit more original -  you can always look through what I like to refer to as the "bread crumb" options of categories.
  2. Next, you have a variety of options to fill out such as:
    1. Item specs - new, used, new without box, with box, etc. 
    2. Item description
    3. Item pictures
    4. Item price
    5. Shipping options - flat rate, calculated, or even free shipping
    6. PayPal account info - I use PayPal to receive payments. I have been a fan of them since being a long time buyer of eBay :)...you could say there may be a slight addiction...haha
    7. Buyer Requirements - You can also place different requirements buyers must meet in order to purchase your items. 
  3. Next, you will be given the option to add "enhancers" to your listing and then LIST YOUR ITEM!!! WHOOO HOOOO
  4. This then becomes my favorite part....
            
    It is so much fun starting to get the notifications of HEY YOUR ITEM IS SELLING! YOUR ITEM HAS A VIEW! YOUR ITEM HAS A BID! YOUR ITEM HAS BEEN PURCHASED...YOUR ITEM HAS BEEN PAID!!
  5. Shipping - you can actually print the shipping label right from your home!I also received this next cool message after my items started selling..
I was not aware that the post office would actually ship boxes to you!! This by far was probably the moment when I realized that...hey maybe I can do this as a side hobby...hmmmmm . Now shipping label was printed, cute little item was boxed and ready to go...I even went as far as adding a note of happiness to the awesome person to purchase the item. Now I had 3 options...
  1. Drop off the package at my local post office
  2. Call the post office to schedule a pick-up
  3. Or take it to work - my work does offer to ship packages of employees..so of course I took advantage!
This has been quite the short journey so far! I am excited to keep sharing my items, meeting new people all over the world, and making some extra money to keep spoiling my cutie pie!!!

yay! 



No comments:

Post a Comment